Welcome to INX International, your home for performance-proven ink and coating products to match your print application and process. A global supplier as part of Sakata INX, a $1.3 billion company, INX International has more than 15 plants in the U.S. and Canada, and over 50 locations worldwide, on four continents. Among North America’s top three ink providers, only INX focuses solely on formulations for printing, from basic chemistries through finished product. We also provide advanced, environmentally-conscious ink systems and services for digital printing operations.
INX is a stable manufacturing company whose average employee has been here over 13.5 years. We offer a competitive salary with excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, 401(k), and more.
We are seeking several Chemists (Ink) with work experience in Liquid (Water), Ink Jet, Digital, or Sheetfed for our West Chicago location. These are hands-on positions with some bench work, but also involve direct customer contact with technical support teams. Previous experience within the Ink Industry is preferred.
• Carry out research and development assignments that are relatively broad in nature.
• Prepare standards and specification for processes, facilities, products, and tests.
• Analyze & manage technical aspects of projects, and determine methods and techniques to be used and principles to be applied.
• Conduct research on manufactured products to develop and improve products; collect and record data, interpretation and conclusions; and report results.
• Conduct research into composition, structure, properties and relationships of printing inks, coatings, and raw materials used in their formulation.
• Read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals.
• Respond to common inquiries from customers.
• Bachelor's degree in Chemistry or experience equivalent.
• 5 to 10 years of printing/ink experience.
• Lead by example and reinforce a culture of excellence and positive behaviors with team members.
• Excellent customer service; self-directed, outgoing, personable and friendly.
• Project management skills.
• Competency level should allow the employee to author internal reports, reports to customers, or articles for ink industry publications.
• May be asked to prepare presentations or papers to customers or any of the professional organizations related to this industry.
• Apply advanced mathematical concepts and to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
• Apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
• Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulae, scientific equations, graphs).
• Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables and to conduct studies using the scientific method.
A post offer pre-employment drug screen, physical and background check are required. Equal Opportunity Employer - disability/veteran