Welcome to INX International, your home for performance-proven ink and coating products to match your print application and process. A global supplier as part of Sakata INX, a $1.3 billion company, INX International has more than 15 plants in the U.S. and Canada, and over 50 locations worldwide, on four continents. Among North America’s top three ink providers, only INX focuses solely on formulations for printing, from basic chemistries through finished product. We also provide advanced, environmentally-conscious ink systems and services for digital printing operations.
INX is a stable manufacturing company whose average employee has been here over 13.5 years. We offer a competitive salary with excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, 401(k), and more.
We are seeking an experienced In-plant Ink Room Manager for our customer's site in St. Louis Park, MN to act as a liaison between INX and the customer, manufacture ink, and maintain the ink room. Our ideal candidate is an ex-Heatset Web press operator or someone with Technical Ink service experience heavily involved with Heatset Web Offset presses.
• Monitor ink performance on all presses
• Audit presses and monitor day-to-day printing statistics
• Communicate and follow up with Technical issues and projects in the pressroom with the customer and INX management
• Support and implement INX-related policies and procedures in regards to the inplant and inplant staff
• Support and maintain the customer's color management systems and databases
• Maintain an ongoing open dialogue with INX branches concerning inventory and ordering
• Keep an open dialogue with the customer's press crews and management regarding all technical support relating to ink performance
• Heatset Web Offset experience (operating and/or technical support roles apply)
• Color matching experience (visual matching of press print vs. proof and/or spectral color matching via LAB data apply)
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and pass a color recognition test
Additional Qualifications Requested or Helpful:
• Previous Offset Sheetfed experience or Technical Service with Sheetfed presses
• Ink color matching experience in a Lab setting
• Customer Service (communication) experience relating to printers and Tech Service relating to ink
• Familiarity with Color Management software systems, densitometers, and spectrophotometer
We require post-offer, pre-employment drug screens, physicals and background checks. Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran.